- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
Unlike the Kentucky Derby, Bob Baffert thought he had the Preakness Stakes won with Bodemeister. It was just slow enough that his front-running horse had a good chance to put it away.
The Atlanta Hawks have committed to Larry Drew for one more season.
Chelsea is playing for a place in European soccer history as well as next season's competition when it meets Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.
Organizers say the Czech Open scheduled for August has been canceled due to a lack of funding.
The dream Champions League final, in pure soccer terms, would have been Barcelona vs. Real Madrid. But the world's two best players, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, both fluffed penalty kicks in the semifinals, leaving us with the thinking fan's final, instead.
Taking batting practice and infield practice are rituals in baseball.
Lakers guard Steve Blake and his wife received multiple online threats after he missed a big shot late in Game 2 of Los Angeles' second-round playoff series with Oklahoma City.
The Women's Professional Soccer league is folding after three seasons.
The Big 12 and the Southeastern conferences have announced a deal that will pit their football regular-season champions against each other in a New Year's Day bowl game for five years beginning in 2014, positioning themselves for the expected switch to a four-team playoff.