- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
Latest Sports Items
Attorneys for the NFL met with the federal judge overseeing court-ordered mediation on Wednesday, one day before the first talks between the league and its locked-out players since the middle of last month.
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger is a gameday decision for Game 1 against the Buffalo Sabres. Flyers captain Mike Richards also skipped practice the day before the postseason opener.
Lakers center Andrew Bynum hyperextended his right knee during the second quarter of Los Angeles' game against San Antonio on Tuesday night, a potentially serious blow to the Lakers' hopes for a third straight NBA title.
Powerplay Golf is giving a very old sport a couple of new twists.
A travel-weary Rory McIlroy pledged to put his final-round collapse at the Masters behind him by delivering a strong performance in this week's Malaysian Open.
The NBA fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 on Wednesday for using a derogatory gay term in frustration over a referee's call.
One pitch hung in John Lannan's mind.
The Dodgers have dumped plans to sell half-price alcohol at six home games this season.
The NFL wants to cut almost 60 percent of guaranteed pay for first-round draft picks, lock them in for five years and divert the savings to veterans' salaries and benefits.