- Outrage as Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
Latest Sports Items
The cheers rang in Maya Moore's ears as she took a seat on the Connecticut bench for the final time. Just 1.1 seconds remained in her college career and the ending was far sadder than she had ever imagined.
Last year, Butler's men had a virtual homecourt advantage when they played in the Final Four just a few miles from their Indianapolis campus.
Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart is staying with the Rams after leading them on a surprising Final Four run.
The defending NL Central champions have opened the season playing like they belong in first place.
Already packed with one surprise after another, the NCAA women's tournament has one big dose of intrigue left when Notre Dame and Texas A&M play for the championship.
The Washington Capitals have decided it would be nice to finish first, after all.
Xavier coach Kevin McGuff is leaving to take the same job at Washington.
The way Alex Ovechkin danced around and celebrated Saturday night, it was as if the Capitals won a playoff game, or even a whole series.
A savage beating by two men outside Dodger Stadium left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically-induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.