- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest Sports Items
Kansas City and San Francisco will have plenty of clout in Honolulu if they don't make it to New Jersey for the Super Bowl.
How nice 2014 would be for 10-1 George Washington if its most well rounded player, Patricio Garino, can stay healthy. Plus New Year's wishes for George Mason, American and Maryland.
Victor Cruz believes there was a bit of a `disconnect' between Eli Manning and his receivers in this season where the New York Giants' offense failed to live up to the preseason hype.
Sean Lee played a bigger role than Tony Romo in the Dallas Cowboys' victory over the Eagles in October.
Hotel rooms are expected to cost almost 50 percent more in Rio de Janeiro during the upcoming World Cup soccer tournament than when the city will host the 2016 Olympics, in part because organizer FIFA's official accommodations agency hasn't set maximum room rates like those promised in Rio's winning bid for the Olympic Games.
Capitals forward Brooks Laich will sit out Friday's game against the New York Rangers [7 p.m., CSN] with groin pain.
Dec. 29 _ Regular season ends
Football fans heading to Brazil for the World Cup will pay almost 50 percent more for hotel rooms in Rio de Janeiro than sports fans descending on the city for the Olympics two years later.
Wade Phillips would like to put an asterisk on Peyton Manning's touchdown record.