- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Sports Items
The Capitals and Flyers played evenly until a penalty to Tom Wilson changed the game's momentum, and outcome.
It appears likely that Nene will be on the court vs. the Nets on Wednesday after missing four games with a sore Achilles.
The second-year coach's comments came after a 73-65 loss Tuesday night in which his team shot 42 percent, committed 18 turnovers and was out-rebounded 40-29.
While he insists the Redskins remain Robert Griffin III's team, now and in the future, Cousins has two more opportunities this season to prove to teams around the NFL that he isn't far away from a starting job. Even Mike Shanahan, his own coach, openly acknowledges that a strong finish from Cousins could net the organization a first-round pick in a trade.
The Yankees had the highest average for the 15th consecutive season at $8.17 million, breaking the mark of $7.66 million when they won the World Series in 2009. The Los Angeles Dodgers were second at $7.82 million. Houston's average of $549,603 was the smallest since the 1999 Kansas City Royals at $534,460.
Whichever direction the Redskins eventually go, a couple of questions linger: How long will this regime last and why, besides the money, would anyone want to be a professional head coach these days? The constant pressure, headaches and growing scrutiny can't make for much fun even with a paycheck that looks like a lottery winner.
Transportation experts say a snowy football field isn't the issue — after all, many NFL games have previously been played in the snow. But the players might be throwing passes in an empty stadium if the fans can't make it there during a blizzard.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis' preference all along has been to wait until the offseason before making any possible coaching or front office changes, according to a report.
On Wednesday Kirk Cousins talked about the pressure of facing Dallas and how this stint as the starting quarterback could help his future in the NFL.