- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
Juan Monaco defeated qualifier Michael Russell 5-7, 6-1, 6-4 to advance to the final of the U.S. Clay Court Championship at River Oaks Country Club.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi scored a penalty against Levante on Saturday to match Cristiano Ronaldo's Spanish league record 41 goals in a season, set less than two hours earlier.
Tom Watson has dropped out of a Champions Tour event because of an injured right arm.
As Jayson Werth stepped to the plate in the bottom of the 13th on Friday the 13th, the clock had just inched past 11 p.m. He looked out at bases filled with his teammates. Danny Espinosa on third via a broken-bat single. Ryan Zimmerman on second due to a five-pitch walk. Adam LaRoche on first because of a second five-pitch walk.
Will Power drove from ninth to first to win IndyCar's last race, and Dario Franchitti said he used one of the best drives of his career to improve eight positions for a 10th-place finish.
Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini died Saturday after suffering cardiac arrest and collapsing during a Serie B match at Pescara. He was 25.
Matt Kenseth has led more laps than anybody in Texas. Current points leader Greg Biffle has seven consecutive top-10 finishes here. Carl Edwards is the only three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup winner at the 1 1/2-mile, high-banked track.
Ryan Briscoe kept Penske Racing perfect so far this season by winning the pole for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
Giants closer Brian Wilson is likely headed for surgery on his right elbow after an MRI revealed structural damage and an issue with the ligament, and his season could be in jeopardy.