- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
Latest Sports Items
The letter sent Thursday by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to the players, outlining the league's last proposal before mediated talks collapsed and the union dissolved:
Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote NFL players Thursday, outlining the league's last proposal to the union and cautioning that "each passing day puts our game and our shared economics further at risk."
A member of the NFL Players Association's executive committee who retired after a series of concussions thinks the league's approach to player safety is misguided.
"Show me the money" _ the famous line from the movie "Jerry Maguire" _ has taken on a whole new meaning in the NFL's labor impasse.
Dallas Cowboys receiver Troy Bergeron and Cleveland Browns receiver Rod Windsor are going back to the Arena Football League during the NFL lockout.
Friday, Mike Brey coaches Notre Dame, a No. 2 seed, against Akron to open the NCAA tournament at Chicago's United Center. Despite an unheralded roster, Brey led Notre Dame to 26 wins and its seventh appearance in the tournament in his 11 seasons as coach. Last week, he was voted the Big East coach of the year.
Defender Rafael Marquez and goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa have been selected by Mexico coach Jose Manuel De la Torre for exhibition games in the United States against Paraguay and Venezuela.
Montreal Canadiens coach Jacques Martin says Max Pacioretty may be able to return from his neck injury in time for the NHL playoffs.
Slowing down Ben Hansbrough hasn't been easy for any team all season and the Akron Zips know it.