- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
Latest Sports Items
One of the worst finals in World Cup history _ Spain vs. the Netherlands _ will be reprised in one of the first games of the 2014 edition.
The Seattle Mariners have pulled off quite the shocker, reeling in All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano with a ten-year deal worth $240 million.
After missing the past two games with a concussion, tight end Jordan Reed is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Chiefs.
Defending champion Spain will play its opening 2014 World Cup game against the Netherlands, a repeat of the ill-tempered 2010 final, while host Brazil faces a relatively easy path to the knockout stage after Friday's draw.
Rafael Furcal will try to make his comeback from elbow surgery with the Miami Marlins.
Petersen agreed to become the Huskies' new football coach on Friday, leaving behind an unprecedented run of success with the Broncos. The Huskies made the announcement Friday morning after Petersen reportedly met with Washington athletic director Scott Woodward on Thursday night in Boise.
Jbe Kruger of South Africa paid tribute to Nelson Mandela after taking a one-shot lead at the Hong Kong Open on Friday.
With the skies over Sun City fittingly gray, Gary Player cried on a tee box and Ernie Els shared some of his memories of Nelson Mandela.
Al Harrington will miss his 12th game in a row Friday as he continues to rest his sore right knee, but he found his next calling on the bench as an "assistant coach."