- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
Back in 1998, Oregon and Nike teamed together to tinker with the Ducks' traditional but tired uniforms. Out went emerald green and lemon yellow, in came spruce, mallard and a little something called "lightning."
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he won't stand in the way if the New Orleans Saints ask Bill Parcells to take over as interim coach for suspended Sean Payton.
Fasten your seat belts. Coach Rex Ryan, Tim Tebow and the New York Jets might be ready for a sequel on HBO's "Hard Knocks."
Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino veered off a two-lane highway and crashed his motorcycle over the weekend, sending him to a hospital and leaving him in what his family described only as "stable condition." He is expected to make a full recovery.
All season long, Baylor has been the best team led by the best player in the country.
Blue-chip players flock to John Calipari, eager to sharpen their skills _ to say nothing of their resumes _ in what's become a de facto NBA apprenticeship. These "one-and-dones" won't have diplomas when their blink-and-you'll-miss-it time at the beloved alma mater is done.
It was not a pleasant sight Sunday in Toronto, seeing Washington Wizards forward Trevor Booker and center Nene sitting on the bench wearing walking boots. Booker and Nene have the same injury, a pulled ligament in the left foot, technically known as plantar fasciitis.
No matter where Anthony Davis and his buddies go to make their millions, their ol' Kentucky home will long remember this championship season.
On March 25, J.T. Brown was in Worcester, Mass., playing for the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs in the NCAA tournament. Less than a week later, he was in Tampa, playing for the Lightning in the NHL.