- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
Latest Sports Items
Much was made of 49ers LB Ahmad Brooks saying that Redskins QB Robert Griffin III was not healthy and should not be playing. Kyle Shanahan does not agree.
The Wizards have been playing some strong basketball over the last five games, but if they are to beat the Indiana Pacers, Washington will have to do so without Nene. Jan Vesely will start in his space.
Ted Lilly would have loved to keep pitching _ if his body would allow him to start every fifth day, and if he could stay off the disabled list.
Braden Holtby did not expect to play Friday against the streaking Montreal Canadiens. But when scheduled starter Michal Neuvirth was injured in warmups, Holtby was not only the next man up, he was the only man up. With video coach Brett Leonhardt hastily signed to back him up, Holtby made 35 saves plus two more in a shootout to carry the Washington Capitals to a 3-2 victory.
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth will not travel with the team to play the Islanders after suffering an injury during pregame warmups on Friday night.
Alabama has already established itself as one of college football's greatest dynasties under Nick Saban.
The Wizards couldn't find any offense when the Pacers forced the ball out of John Wall's hands and dared other players to beat them.
Paul George scored 23 points and Roy Hibbert added 13 and eight rebounds to lead the surging Indiana Pacers past the injury hampered Washington Wizards 93-73 on Friday night.
Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback William Gay has been fined $15,750 by the NFL for his hit last Sunday that gave Browns quarterback Jason Campbell a concussion.