- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Sports Items
The struggling Atlanta Hawks acquired guard Kirk Hinrich from Washington in a five-player trade Wednesday, upgrading their backcourt for the playoff run.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman understands why Hank Steinbrenner expressed frustration about last season.
A Spanish photo agency says coveted shots of Shakira holding hands with Barcelona football player Gerard Pique that are circulating on the Internet had been stolen by a computer hacker.
Federally mediated negotiations between the NFL and the players' union have stretched past 35 hours over five days — and they aren't done.
Chicago White Sox general manager Kenny Williams says talk of $30 million-a-year players is "asinine" and he would support a work stoppage to bring fiscal sanity.
The day after losing Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks, the New Jersey Nets took an unexpected day off. Well, at least the team did.
Lance Berkman needed to see his name on a St. Louis Cardinals jersey for the switch to sink in: After 13 spring trainings with the Astros, he had joined Houston's NL Central rival.
The mood was Melo-choly at the Pepsi Center.
The Carolina Panthers placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on two-time Pro Bowl center Ryan Kalil on Tuesday, a move that will help keep the core of the offensive line intact but will also make two other key players unrestricted free agents.