- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Sports Items
The New England Patriots have placed the franchise tag on All-Pro offensive lineman Logan Mankins, who held out the first seven games of the 2010 season in a contract fight.
The Yankees may take a month or more to decide on the fourth and fifth starters in their very unsettled pitching rotation.
Missouri guard Marcus Denmon remains uncertain for Tuesday's game against Texas Tech after he received two stitches under his right eye.
No. 14 Florida could be without versatile forward Chandler Parsons at LSU on Sunday.
Defender Nat Borchers has agreed to a four-year contract extension with Real Salt Lake after being voted to the league's top 11 last season.
Cecil Kaiser, a diminutive left-hander who made $700 a month at the height of his Negro Leagues pitching career in the 1940s, died Monday at the age of 94.
Charlie Manuel wants a contract extension before the Philadelphia Phillies start their season.
Carlos Zambrano wants to leave his troubled past behind him _ if that's possible _ and be the pitcher he was at the end of last season.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. still has his sense of humor, even after spending part of the past week talking about the 10-year anniversary of his father's death at Daytona.