- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Sports Items
Imagine a wide world of professional sports with only soccer and hockey. It's unlikely, but possible. But don't dip into your season-ticket stash just yet.
Top draft pick Bryce Harper will make his spring debut Monday when the Washington Nationals visit the New York Mets in Port St. Lucie for their spring training opener.
First-year UTEP coach Tim Floyd was reprimanded by the Conference USA commissioner Thursday after an on-court outburst that got him ejected and then escorted off the court by a police officer during his team's loss at East Carolina.
Forward Alex Kovalev is returning to Pittsburgh after the Penguins acquired him in a trade with the Ottawa Senators for a conditional draft pick.
Claudio Borghi of Argentina has been appointed coach of Chile's national soccer team as a replacement for countryman Marcelo Bielsa, who led the South Americans to their best World Cup finish since 1962.
Georgetown point guard Chris Wright had surgery on a broken bone in his non-shooting hand and is expected to return this season.
Miguel Cabrera has arrived at spring training for the first time since he was arrested last week on suspicion of drunken driving and promptly apologized as Major League Baseball said he will undergo treatment set up by doctors administered by management and its players' union.
Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas will miss Sunday's League Cup final against Birmingham because of a hamstring strain, adding to the Gunners' injury problems as they seek their first trophy since 2005.
Baron Davis was starting to soar with Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers. He's about to drop to the NBA's bottom.