- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Sports Items
Just before peeling off what he called a lame burnout near the finish line, Jeff Gordon screamed into his radio, the emotion pouring out with his voice.
Channing Frye's long jumper as the buzzer sounded gave the Phoenix Suns a 110-108 overtime victory over the Indiana Pacers on Sunday.
Tyler Zeller scored 25 points while freshman Harrison Barnes had 21 to help No. 19 North Carolina beat Maryland 87-76 on Sunday night, pulling the Tar Heels into a tie with Duke atop the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Veteran defenseman Brent Seabrook agreed to a five-year, $29 million contract extension with the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday.
Livan Hernandez brings value to the Washington Nationals that can't simply be summed up by saying he eats up innings, never misses a start and fields his position flawlessly.
To his mother, he was Ed. To everyone else, he was "The Duke of Flatbush" _ revered by a borough of baseball fans and forever remembered in a song that romanticized a most golden era.
Mike Stanton showed off his home-run trot in the first inning, then limped from the field in the second.
Pau Gasol had 18 points and 11 rebounds, Kobe Bryant scored 17 points and the Los Angeles Lakers extended their cushion over Oklahoma City in the Western Conference standings by beating the Thunder 90-87 on Sunday.
Duke Snider, the Hall of Fame center fielder for the charmed "Boys of Summer" who helped the Dodgers bring their elusive and only World Series crown to Brooklyn, died early Sunday of what his family called natural causes. He was 84.