- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Sports Items
Luiz Felipe Scolari is confident of Brazil's chances at the 2014 World Cup, guaranteeing the team will win the tournament at home.
Back on top with only two NASCAR greats left to catch, Jimmie Johnson won his sixth championship in eight years Sunday and staked his claim as one of the most dominant competitors in sports history.
What was once a season that could have been truly special is in increasing danger of being remembered for the wrong reasons. With another loss, their seventh in their first 10 games, the Redskins have not only established themselves as the worst team in their division, but they have seemingly done so with a litany of issues they cannot manage to correct.
The Terrapins' 27-24 victory over Virginia Tech was a season-salvaging event. Maryland had seen its 21-7 lead erased and overcame a pass interference call in overtime that led to a Hokies field goal when it appeared Virginia Tech would be held scoreless.
Henrik Stenson won the season-ending World Tour Championship on Sunday to become the first player to sweep the PGA Tour's FedEx Cup and European Tour's Race to Dubai.
Robbie Gould kicked a 38-yard field goal to lift the Chicago Bears to a 23-20 victory over Baltimore Sunday in a game delayed about two hours by a torrential downpour.
Nick Foles completed 17 of 26 passes for 298 yards and the Philadelphia Eagles snapped a 10-game home losing streak by defeating the Washington Redskins 24-16 on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.
Two men have been taken to a Buffalo hospital after one fell from the third deck of Ralph Wilson Stadium and landed on the other during the Bills' game against the New York Jets.
Any delusion the Redskins' season of disappointment can be salvaged disappeared during Sunday afternoon's 24-16 loss to the Eagles.