- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
Latest Sports Items
Ed Reed will start at safety in his debut with the New York Jets in Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Two men have been taken to a Buffalo hospital after one fell from the third deck of Ralph Wilson Stadium and landed on the other during the Bills' game against the New York Jets.
Capitals start fast, never look back in 4-1 win over St. Louis.
The Terrapins' 27-24 victory over Virginia Tech was a season-salvaging event. Maryland had seen its 21-7 lead erased and overcame a pass interference call in overtime that led to a Hokies field goal when it appeared Virginia Tech would be held scoreless.
What was once a season that could have been truly special is in increasing danger of being remembered for the wrong reasons. With another loss, their seventh in their first 10 games, the Redskins have not only established themselves as the worst team in their division, but they have seemingly done so with a litany of issues they cannot manage to correct.
Luiz Felipe Scolari is confident of Brazil's chances at the 2014 World Cup, guaranteeing the team will win the tournament at home.
Any delusion the Redskins' season of disappointment can be salvaged disappeared during Sunday afternoon's 24-16 loss to the Eagles.
Robbie Gould kicked a 38-yard field goal to lift the Chicago Bears to a 23-20 victory over Baltimore Sunday in a game delayed about two hours by a torrential downpour.
Nick Foles completed 17 of 26 passes for 298 yards and the Philadelphia Eagles snapped a 10-game home losing streak by defeating the Washington Redskins 24-16 on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.