- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Sports Items
Tim Duncan gave his San Antonio Spurs teammates a brief scare.
The Red Bulls have signed 21-year-old midfielder Matt Kassel, a product of the team's youth academy.
Real Madrid has signed forward Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City on loan until the end of the season.
The University of Iowa says 12 football players have been hospitalized for symptoms likely related to offseason workouts.
New Jersey-born forward Giuseppe Rossi has agreed to a three-year contract extension with Villarreal through the 2015-16 season.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says that if shortstop Derek Jeter ever does switch positions, the outfield would be a good fit.
Left-handed reliever Craig Breslow and the Oakland Athletics have agreed to a $1.4 million, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
The World Series trophy has traveled from San Francisco to California's Central Valley and on to the Giants' Polo Grounds roots in New York. Stops also are planned in Arizona, Nevada and Oregon as the hardware makes its way East again to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
The Minnesota Twins and right-hander Kevin Slowey have come to agreement on a one-year, $2.7 million contract to avoid arbitration.