- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
Latest Sports Items
Marlon Byrd cashed in on his comeback season.
Lou Brock's shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Rose's bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era.
Oakland University alleges that former women's basketball coach Beckie Francis physically and emotionally abused her players, was obsessed about their weight and pushed her Christian beliefs on them before she was fired.
Even by NFL standards, the bash Aldon Smith threw last year at his mountain home in California was a wild one.
Clint Hurdle won the NL Manager of the Year award Tuesday after guiding the Pittsburgh Pirates to the playoffs in their first winning season since 1992.
Jewett started as a major league coach for the Nationals, became their first base coach on July 1, 2011, and spent last season as their third base coach.
Maybe Rob Ryan wasn't the problem for the Dallas defense.
Baseball's annual gathering of general managers began Monday when $14.1 million qualifying offers were turned down by all 13 free agents who received them from their former teams, a group that included Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Napoli and Stephen Drew of the World Series champion Boston Red Sox.
Tampa Bay Lightning star center Steven Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg after crashing into the post against Boston.