- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Sports Items
Adrian Peterson carried the ball only 23 times in Minnesota's last two games.
Construction isn't even underway on a new Minnesota Vikings football stadium, but a hard push is on by the team and its landlord to lure a Super Bowl, college football championship game and Final Four basketball tournament.
Carlos Beltran was scheduled to be in the St. Louis Cardinals' starting lineup to bat second and play right field against the Boston Red Sox in Game 2 of the World Series on Thursday night.
St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher declined to address reports he tried to lure Brett Favre out of retirement to replace Sam Bradford, who is out for the season with a knee injury.
The former Washington coach wrote a little-known book about how to coach special teams, and if anyone could use the words of wisdom of George Allen, it is Mike Shanahan and his Redskins squad.
From special teams woes to containing Peyton Manning, the Redskins have plenty to address as they head into Sunday's game at Denver.
Tyler Melling wrote Wednesday night on Twitter: "Jon Lester using a little Vaseline inside the glove tonight?" The 25-year-old pitcher with Palm Beach in the Florida State League posted a screen shot appearing to show discoloration on Lester's black glove.
Jon Lester says there was nothing but rosin _ which is perfectly legal _ on his glove when he beat the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series.
With the Boston Red Sox back in the World Series, television ratings jumped for the opener.