- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
Latest Sports Items
Mike Shanahan live: Redskins coach's weekly press conference
The Nats figure to be a contender again next season. The right manager can lead them back to the playoffs. The wrong manager? He can make a mess out of a team that needs to come back strong from this disappointing season. This team can win and it needs to do it next year.
Still, Zimmermann's season solidified his place among the game's elite as he finished 19-9 with a 3.25 ERA, earned his first All-Star selection with a mind-bogglingly good first half, and continued his progression into an ace.
Skipper Jimmy Spithill and Oracle Team USA have won the America's Cup with one of the greatest comebacks in sports history.
Since their last trip to the playoffs — in 2007-08, when Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler were still on the roster — the Wizards haven't even won 30 games in a season once. They had a low of 19 wins in 2008-09.
In most years, the winner of the rivalry game has won the division. Last year was an exception. Virginia Tech beat the Yellow Jackets 20-17 in overtime, but Georgia Tech still played in last year's ACC championship game.
The game is to be played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
"It's part of the process. It's part of being a quarterback in the NFL," Griffin said Wednesday. "Things are going to happen. You're going to have to deal with the scrutiny and be able to face it or overcome it. That's just what it is."
Eric Wedge's Seattle Mariners have been out of the postseason discussion for a while now.