- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Latest Sports Items
The job carries enormous expectations for the 51-year-old Price, who has been one of the most successful pitching coaches in the majors but has never managed at any level. He and Triple-A manager Jim Riggleman were two in-house candidates considered for the job.
The uproar over Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather obscures a more fundamental question. Can football be made safe? Is this simply a behavior problem — something that can be addressed through the right combination of rules, discipline and improved technique — or is the real issue the game?
Williams, the defending champion, had no trouble against Angelique Kerber, who also lost to the American 6-4, 6-1 in the round-robin at this event last year. Kerber was the only player to beat Williams last year - in Cincinnati - after the American's first-round ouster at the French Open.
From Stan the Man and the Splendid Splinter, to Gibby and Yaz, to Pedro and Pujols, the Redbirds and Red Sox have created their own memories. Now, they're set to meet for the fourth time in "that Octobery kind of air," as Cardinals Game 1 starter Adam Wainwright described it.
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan talked about Alfred Morris and Helu providing "a pretty good one-two punch," but the team's rushing attack is back to being three-pronged. The renewed involvement of quarterback Robert Griffin III is the third prong and, Helu agreed, the facet that makes it all work.
Missouri coach Frank Haith was suspended for five games by the NCAA on Tuesday after it was found that he inadequately monitored his former assistants' interactions with a disgraced Miami booster and then tried to cover up a five-figure hush money payment to keep potential violations hidden.
Top-ranked amateur Lydia Ko has announced her decision to turn professional at the age of 16 after foregoing more than $1 million in potential prize money.
The McGladrey Classic still isn't sure what kind of field to expect as a regular PGA Tour event in November, about a month later than usual, and one week after most of the top players are in Shanghai for the HSBC Champions. For crowd appeal, the tournament received a boost from the commitment of Darren Clarke.
Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee apologized to Tiger Woods on Tuesday after insinuating the world's No. 1 player cheated during his five-win season.