- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Sports Items
The Baltimore Orioles will be raising single-game ticket prices in 2011, even though the team is coming off its 13th consecutive losing season.
Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti is confident that offseason labor talks will result in an agreement that will enable the NFL to avoid a work stoppage in March.
The new head of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission said Thursday that replacing the snow-damaged roof of the Metrodome would likely take five to six months, raising the possibility of affecting next season's schedule for the Minnesota Vikings.
The post-Carmelo Anthony era started for the New Jersey Nets with an apology.
The Colorado Avalanche will be without left wing Tomas Fleischmann for the rest of the season after he was diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung.
Fanning out a stack of tickets like a magician performing a card trick, a member of the Cavalier Girls dance team stopped by Cleveland's locker room about an hour before tipoff for Wednesday night's game against Phoenix.
Mikhail Prokhorov was a day away from a sitdown with Carmelo Anthony when he decided to call the whole thing off.
The NBA and its players' association will meet next month during the All-Star break as they try to make progress on a new collective bargaining agreement.
Originally envisioned as a relatively short day at the office, the Miami Heat ended Thursday's practice 90 minutes later than expected.