- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Latest Sports Items
LeBron James missed Miami's preseason game against San Antonio on Saturday night, sitting out in favor of rest and maintenance.
The loss was the fourth in a row for Virginia (2-5, 0-3), which gained just 7 yards in the third quarter after a fast start that made it seem like it would finally snap its losing streak.
Hundreds of Egyptian soccer fans rallied in the capital Saturday to demand the release of fans detained in a protest this week.
In the latest case of soccer violence in the host country of the 2014 World Cup, a second-division match in Brazil was stopped when fans threw rocks and explosives on the field.
Quarterback Keenan Reynolds' fumble in the second quarter was returned for a 68-yard touchdown and then Nick Sloan missed an extra point in the second overtime that gave the Rockets the opening they needed.
Jake Locker will start at quarterback for the Tennessee Titans on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, a person familiar with the situation said.
Webb Simpson opened a four-stroke lead Friday in the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, taking advantage of perfect scoring conditions at TPC Summerlin.
Since the advent of free agency in the early 1990s, it's a common story around the NFL: A player gets drafted by a team and puts in his best years there, connecting with the fans and the city and leaving his own indelible mark with the franchise, to say nothing of a Super Bowl ring or two.
Boston returns to Fenway Park with a 3-2 lead in the AL championship series. The Red Sox can win the American League pennant Saturday, when the Tigers' Max Scherzer faces Boston's Clay Buchholz in Game 6.