- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Sports Items
Portland All-Star guard Brandon Roy will be out "indefinitely" because of sore knees, the Trail Blazers said Thursday before their game against Utah.
Saturday afternoon's National Hockey League game between the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins is officially known as Game No. 566 on this year's 1,230-game schedule — but this particular contest carries a lot more weight.
The NFL's rookie rushing leader is an undrafted free agent with a penchant for hurdling defenders in the open field.
A New Jersey lawyer wants the nation's top court to review his lawsuit stemming from the New England Patriots' 2007 "Spygate" scandal.
The NFL has reduced the fine levied on Steelers linebacker James Harrison for his Oct. 17 hit on Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi from $75,000 to $50,000.
Kodi Burns' Auburn career has been an unusual journey.
The New York Jets are paying for their sideline shenanigans. The team was fined $100,000 by the NFL on Thursday for violating league rules when assistant coach Sal Alosi ordered players to form a sideline wall, then tripped Miami's Nolan Carroll during a punt return earlier this month.
No. 1 Connecticut has cleared key reserve guard Lorin Dixon to play in its showdown at ninth-ranked Stanford.
Tom Vandergriff, the former Dallas-area mayor who lured the Texas Rangers out of Washington nearly 40 years ago, died Thursday. He was 84.