- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
Latest Sports Items
The last time the top job at Michigan's football program came open, it was widely considered one of the best in the business. Three years later, any coach with a pulse seemed to be on the Wolverines' short list.
Susquehanna assistant football coach Bob Pittello, who spent nearly his entire 52-year career on the sideline at his alma mater and played under Hall of Famer Amos Alonzo Stagg, has died. He was 83.
Denard Robinson's high school coach heard from so many coaches trying to recruit the dual-threat quarterback by Wednesday afternoon that he was on his third cell-phone battery.
Catcher Koyie Hill and the Chicago Cubs have agreed to an $850,000, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
Maui is a reunion of winners. Oahu is more of a meet-and-greet.
Commissioner Bud Selig met with baseball's general managers at the start of what promised to be an uneventful two-day meeting of owners at an appropriately tranquil Phoenix-area resort.
LeBron James has tweaked Dan Gilbert - and the Cavaliers owner's miserable NBA team - with a pointed tweet.
Brady Hoke set the tone for a new era of Michigan football with his mouth and fist, pounding the lectern with each word when asked about the suddenly lopsided rivalry with Ohio State.
Dwayne Roloson made 23 saves for his second shutout this month against Washington and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Capitals 3-0 Wednesday night in a matchup of Southeast Division leaders.