- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
- GOP tsunami coming as even Dem-leaning voters bolt: poll
- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
Latest Sports Items
The Washington Nationals postponed Monday night's game against the Atlanta Braves following shootings at the nearby Navy Yard.
Tim Thomas wanted back in the NHL. The Florida Panthers wanted goaltending help.
Former major leaguer Balentien hit his 56th and 57th home runs on Sunday, breaking the Japanese single-season record set by legendary slugger Oh 49 years ago.
Joey Logano went from the front to the back of the pack in the opening race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
The Redskins went to Lambeau Field holding fast to the image of the team they were at the end of last season, when they rallied to win the NFC East and reach the playoffs. That notion was shredded by the Green Bay Packers in a humbling 38-20 loss on Sunday afternoon.
Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new contract with Real Madrid that will keep him at the Spanish club until 2018.
An Orlando television station has issued an on-air explanation for why it's airing the struggling Jacksonville Jaguars while many NFL fans probably would have preferred seeing the Denver Broncos-New York Giants game, a possible Super Bowl preview featuring the Peyton and Eli Manning.
Todd Helton has had enough.
Rick Hendrick said he'd never seen the NASCAR brass reverse an important ruling during his 30-plus years in the sport.