- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Sports Items
With a late-season game on the line, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers exits with a concussion and doesn't return. Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Heath Miller and Arizona Cardinals quarterback Derek Anderson sit out games altogether because of head injuries.
Connecticut's attorney general wants football fans in his state to be able to watch the game between the Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants.
The New York Giants took advantage of Brett Favre standing on the sideline as Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw had long runs in a 21-3 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night.
The Arizona Diamondbacks say Mel Stottlemyre Jr. and Joel Youngblood will be minor league coordinators next season.
For those watching on television, it appeared the Washington Redskins scored their final touchdown on fifth down.
Browns coach Eric Mangini will wait until later this week before deciding whether Jake Delhomme or rookie Colt McCoy will start at quarterback Sunday in Cincinnati (2-11).
For the past 16-plus seasons, playing hockey has been fun for New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur.
Now comes the second part of Tennessee's two-step through Texas, and likely the more challenging one.
Brett Favre is inactive for the Minnesota Vikings' game Monday night with the New York Giants, ending his record consecutive starts streak at 297, dating back to 1992.