- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Latest Sports Items
Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez says his left shoulder is fine and that he'll be full strength for this week's game against Southern Mississippi.
NHRA Top Fuel points leader Shawn Langdon made it a memorable double-win weekend, racing to the Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals victory Monday at Lucas Oil Raceway.
The Columbus Crew has fired Robert Warzycha after five years as head coach.
Roberta Vinci will face a fellow Italian in the U.S. Open quarterfinals for the second straight year.
The Reds called up Billy Hamilton _ one of professional baseball's fastest players _ on Monday to help them try to catch the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates in the NL Central.
A great summer of golf finally paid off for Henrik Stenson. Stenson made three straight birdies to race by a fast-fading Sergio Garcia, and he holed a bunker shot for birdie on the 17th hole to turn back a final threat from Steve Stricker and win the Deutsche Bank Championship.
In 1993, Morrison beat George Foreman to win the World Boxing Organization heavyweight title. He lost to Lennox Lewis in 1995.
Robert Griffin III will start the Washington Redskins' season-opener on Sept. 9 against the Philadelphia Eagles, coach Mike Shanahan said on Monday afternoon. Thus ends a months-long drama about whether the 23-year-old quarterback would be ready for Week 1 after undergoing right knee surgery on Jan. 9 to repair torn anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments.
Ken Schrader won the Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin State Fairgrounds on Monday to pick up his second ARCA Racing Series win of the season.