- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Sports Items
Different eras. Different streaks. Different ball.
Walt Dropo, who played 13 seasons in the majors and won the 1950 American League Rookie of the Year award with the Boston Red Sox, has died. He was 87.
Phil Cavarretta, the 1945 National League MVP who led the Chicago Cubs to their last World Series appearance, died Saturday. He was 94.
The Minnesota Twins gave Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka a warm welcome, trying to make Target Field feel a little less foreign.
Trey Thompkins scored 15 points to lead Georgia to a 68-59 win over Arkansas State on Saturday.
For the third time in three road games, the Chicago Bears' defense could face a third-string quarterback if Joe Webb starts for the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night.
Maya Moore was embarrassed to admit it: She didn't know much about the vaunted UCLA men's basketball teams.
Wayne Hunter remembers the phone call he received from his mother over a year ago, and the helpless feeling that followed.
After an NFL-record 297 straight starts, 321 including the playoffs, Brett Favre has a new streak. He'll sit out for the second game in a row.