- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Sports Items
Defenses were whizzing by the Chicago Bears' line like cars on an expressway, and with no one stopping them, quarterback Jay Cutler was getting flattened.
Semyon Varlamov won his fourth straight start in net since recovering from a groin injury and the Washington Capitals got back at the goalie who knocked them out of the playoffs last spring with a 4-1 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday night.
Virginia Tech quarterback Tyrod Taylor is the Atlantic Coast Conference's player of the year for 2010.
The Washington Redskins are a storied franchise that plays in the NFL's second largest stadium. They have _ at least by the league's definition of a sellout _ filled their stadium for every game since the 1960s.
Jacksonville Jaguars left tackle Eugene Monroe spent last week waiting for his concussion to clear.
Buffalo Bills starting linebacker Reggie Torbor has an injured shoulder that will keep him sidelined indefinitely. Coach Chan Gailey said Wednesday that Torbor will be out "a long time." Torbor injured his shoulder in Sunday's overtime loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The white message board in the Miami Heat locker room warned players about what awaits in Cleveland.
Something will be lost after Nebraska and Oklahoma square off on the football field Saturday night _ something intangible yet dear to the traditionalists who get sentimental about a bygone era when the two teams were titans of the old Big Eight Conference.
The Washington Redskins have a refund plan in place in case there is a work stoppage next season.