- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Sports Items
Djokovic and Murray have yet to lose a set, let alone a match, so far at Wimbledon. The way things have been going at the All England Club this fortnight, that's quite an accomplishment.
A person with knowledge of the situation says a three-team trade is in place that sends J.J. Redick from the Milwaukee Bucks to the Los Angeles Clippers and point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Clippers to the Phoenix Suns.
Bailey became the third Reds pitcher with more than one no-hitter, joining Jim Maloney and Johnny Vander Meer — still the only big leaguer to toss two in a row. Bailey beat the Pirates 1-0 in Pittsburgh last Sept. 28 and got another 17 starts later.
Feldman signed a one-year contract with the Cubs and went 7-6 with a 3.46 ERA in 15 starts this season. He is 46-50 with a 4.66 ERA in 219 major league games over nine seasons.
A.J. Foyt will miss Sunday's race at Pocono after having hip replacement surgery Monday in Houston.
Baylor basketball coach Kim Mulkey was suspended for her team's next NCAA tournament game for criticizing the officiating following a loss to Louisville last spring.
Tampa Bay cut ties with Lecavalier to clear space under a smaller salary cap. The Philadelphia Flyers took advantage of both of their compliance buyouts to release forward Danny Briere and goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.
Yasiel Puig probably won't finish the season hitting .436, though by now there's a growing number of people in Los Angeles who surely believe he can.
Runge was behind the plate for a pair of no-hitters last year — Philip Humber's perfect game and the combo effort by six Seattle pitchers. He also was at third base for Matt Cain's perfect game last season.