- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Sports Items
Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis and Marshall Faulk, three of the top 10 rushers in NFL history, are among 26 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2011.
Michael Jordan is returning as one of U.S. captain Fred Couples' Presidents Cup assistants for the November 2011 matches at Royal Melbourne.
No. 9 Oklahoma is headed back to the Big 12 championship game to face No. 13 Nebraska after winning a tiebreaker based on the Bowl Championship Series standings.
Miami fired coach Randy Shannon on Saturday night, hours after the Hurricanes finished a 7-5 regular season that began with championship expectations.
Bills defensive end Dwan Edwards is out indefinitely after hurting his left hamstring early in a 19-16 overtime loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday.
Houston receiver Andre Johnson and Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan were involved in a fistfight that got both players ejected in the fourth quarter Sunday.
Running backs Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis and Marshall Faulk are among 26 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2011.
Brett Favre was perfect on two scoring drives, and the Minnesota Vikings won Leslie Frazier's NFL head coaching debut despite Adrian Peterson's early injury, beating the Washington Redskins 17-13 Sunday.
Pittsburgh Steelers hard-hitting linebacker James Harrison has incurred a costly roughing-the-passer penalty against Buffalo's Ryan Fitzpatrick on Sunday.