- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Latest Sports Items
Midway through their first WNBA season, Brittney Griner, Elena Delle Donne and Skylar Diggins are already leaving their mark.
A person with knowledge of the situation says Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller will miss the first month of the season for violating the NFL's drug policy, pending an appeal.
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has dismissed starting tailback Carlos Hyde from the team after an alleged assault against a female, according to a published report.
The celebration started when Phil Mickelson rolled in his final birdie putt, with hands raised high in the air and a tearful caddie just waiting to be hugged. It quickly turned into a victory lap, even as the players he'd already beaten struggled to finish what was left of their disappointing day.
The NFL and players union are talking again about getting a test in place for human growth hormone as early as the upcoming season.
As the Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network organized "Justice for Trayvon" rallies in cities nationwide over the weekend, demonstrators at a Las Vegas rally went as far as urging Miami Heat players LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to quit their teams in protest of Florida's 'stand your ground' laws.
Eckstein had been the Nats' hitting coach since Oct. 24, 2008, which made him the longest-tenured hitting coach in the National League East.
It hasn't been from a lack of effort. Mickelson holds the U.S. Open record with six silver medals, the latest heartbreak coming only a month ago at Merion. Mickelson's national championship has never meant more than it does now.
Phil Mickelson described his feelings toward links golf as a "hate-love" relationship, meaning he once dreaded coming over to the British Open for a brand of golf played only once a year. Now he loves it.