- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Latest Sports Items
Jimmie Johnson can still recall in vivid detail his near-misses in 2004 and '05, his voice rising as he describes how he fell just short of a Sprint Cup championship.
New England running back Danny Woodhead jokingly asked if he could have a step-stool the next time he was required to speak at a podium.
Josh Hamilton thought back to the days when his career was derailed by drugs and alcohol.
Brett Waldman received his share of quizzical looks at the second stage of Q-school because he had no reason to be there. He caddies for Camilo Villegas, who won the Honda Classic and earned over $3 million this year.
Joe Paterno plans to return as Penn State coach next season, ending the latest round of speculation about retirement.
Miami coach Randy Shannon has tried to snuff out all talk of a quarterback dilemma for weeks, insisting Jacory Harris would return to his starting job when healthy.
When it comes to coach of the year candidates, Chip Kelly clearly has done a great job at Oregon this season and it'd be hard to argue with Auburn's Gene Chizik as a strong contender with his team being unbeaten. TCU's Gary Patterson and Boise State's Chris Petersen would probably make the short list, too.
Paralyzed Rutgers football player Eric LeGrand has been taken off a ventilator and is able to breathe on his own.
One day this summer, Dana Holgorsen concocted a scheme that would add Kendall Hunter's running ability to the spread passing game that he planned to bring to Oklahoma State.