- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Sports Items
Quincy Acy and Quincy Miller sparked a second-half run that finally put 11th-ranked Baylor in control, and the Bears went on to a 77-67 victory over San Diego State on Tuesday.
A review of the best and worst performances by the Washington Redskins' offense and some observations after re-watching the TV broadcast of their 20-9 loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Mike Green can't seem to catch a break. Just a bit over seven minutes of ice time into his return to the Capitals' lineup Friday, the All-Star defenseman got hurt again.
Fifty years ago this fall, Bobby Fischer and the Soviets staged a stirring battle for supremacy in the small Yugoslav (now Slovenian) town of Bled.
If there's one thing that the Nashville Predators have been known for through just over 1,000 NHL games, it's goaltending. That chain started with Tomas Vokoun.
The Washington Redskins re-signed receiver Donte Stallworth and defensive end Darrion Scott and placed receiver Leonard Hankerson (torn labrum in right hip) and defensive end Kedric Golston (knee) on injured reserve.
The NHL's general managers are looking to clarify rules about contact involving goalies after Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller sustained a concussion following a collision with Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic.
Dontae Bugg paused Tuesday morning and looked at his wrist. The attorney had on a red, black and gold Maryland track and field bracelet and, as usual, would wear it into court.
Members of Maryland's commission on intercollegiate athletics faced an unenviable task when president Wallace D. Loh brought them together four months ago. They were asked to review the athletic department's finances and operations and then recommend measures to increase revenues and decrease costs.