- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Sports Items
Denver Broncos coach John Fox gathered his players at midfield last month just before they dispersed for summer vacation and gave them his usual admonition about staying out of trouble.
By the time all of the ballots were cast, all the specifically hashtagged tweets sent, all of the text messages received, Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond finished fourth in the Final Vote contest for a spot on the National League All-Star team.
New Jersey superstar forward Ilya Kovalchuk is retiring from the NHL and returning to Russia. The Devils announced the stunning news Thursday afternoon in a statement, saying that the 30-year-old Kovalchuk had alerted general manager and president Lou Lamoriello earlier this year that he wanted to return home with his family after 11 seasons in the NHL.
Derek Jeter stepped into the batter's box at Yankee Stadium for the first time in nine months, and the crowd rose as one and cheered.
The head of the players' union said Thursday baseball's drug agreement could be undermined by leaks to the media about whether players are cooperating with an investigation by the commissioner.
Derek Jeter is rejoining the New York Yankees following a nine-month layoff.
Derek Jeter walked into the Yankees' clubhouse about 2 1/2 before gametime, carrying an equipment bag. After a nine-month layoff, the captain was back in the lineup.
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was arrested and accused of drunk driving Thursday in Nebraska while on probation for assaulting a police officer, the second New England player to get in serious legal trouble this summer.
In the past few months, more than two dozen NFL players and a sprinkling of front-office executives have been arrested for crimes ranging from petty to deadly.