- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Latest Sports Items
Davis Love III has been added as an assistant to U.S. Presidents Cup captain Fred Couples for this fall's team competition at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
A three-day search for one of the winningest college quarterbacks ever ended in a remote wooded area in Michigan, where authorities found his body and were left with a mystery of how he died.
Ryan Zimmerman hit three home runs in his first three at-bats for the Washington Nationals and is seeking to make history by hitting four homers in a game.
One of the most popular Phoenix Suns players from the franchise's past will guide the team to an uncertain future.
The Blackhawks, who had the best record in the NHL regular season, rallied from a 3-1 series deficit to reach the Western Conference finals against the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings.
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann calls Hamid and 23-year-old Chicago Fire shot-stopper Sean Johnson "our future goalkeepers that we monitor, that we nurture, that we help in their development," noting that the national team coaches "want to always keep them connected to us."
Johnson's history with this city and the Orioles is a complex one. His playing career here brought him three All-Star selections, three Gold Gloves and two World Series rings. His managerial tenure was electric and exciting, but ended poorly.
Despite failing to win European soccer's top prize, Barcelona came out as the top team this season in The Associated Press global soccer poll.