- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Sports Items
Francesco is the quiet one. Edoardo tends to be a little more boisterous.
Croeso, Ryder Cup!
Carlos Beltran left the New York Mets' game against Milwaukee on Tuesday night with pain in his right knee, the same one he had surgery on last offseason.
Tim Lincecum's turn in the rotation is being pushed up a day to Wednesday against Arizona, making the San Francisco Giants' ace available for a one-game playoff Monday with San Diego if the NL West title comes to that.
Florida Marlins center fielder Cameron Maybin was injured when he ran into the wall trying to catch a triple by Atlanta's Brooks Conrad in the seventh inning of a game against the Braves on Tuesday night.
Atlanta third baseman Martin Prado will miss the rest of the season including any playoffs after an MRI showed he tore an oblique muscle.
New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi took some swings during a pregame drill Tuesday, hitting until he cleared the left-field fence at Rogers Centre.
Adam Wainwright won his 19th and 20th games while nursing a right forearm strain hurt in a freak accident at home. Now, the team doctor recommends he shut it down for the year.
Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera is out of the lineup with a sprained right ankle, and it's not clear when he'll return.