- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
Latest Sports Items
Saturday, the old Haren was more in evidence. He kept a scuffling Reds lineup off balance throughout a season-best six-inning performance, leading the Nats to a 6-3 win and at last feeling like a real contributor.
With the first of two seventh-round picks, the Cleveland Browns selected defensive end Armonty Bryant from East Central Oklahoma in the NFL draft.
The Seattle Seahawks took their second running back of the draft by selecting Spencer Ware from LSU in the sixth round Saturday.
Nelson Piquet Jr. was involved in a post-race altercation that led to the arrest of two crew members for Richard Childress Racing, his team said Saturday.
Geno Smith has put that agonizingly long wait in the green room at the NFL draft far behind him.
The San Diego Chargers have taken outside linebacker Tourek Williams of Florida International in the sixth round of the NFL draft.
The banged-up New York Yankees put pitcher Ivan Nova and catcher Francisco Cervelli on the 15-day disabled list Saturday, the latest setbacks in an injury-riddled season.
Southern California quarterback Matt Barkley was the first pick of the fourth round of the NFL draft, taken by Philadelphia after a trade with Jacksonville.
The most exciting few minutes of the NFL draft came on Day 2.