- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
Latest Sports Items
Since Major League Soccer kicked off 16 years ago, the D.C. United franchise has provided four championships to its title-starved town while carving an inimitable niche in the Washington community - all from its colorful but crumbling home at RFK Stadium.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan on Monday said Penn State University will have "a price to pay" if a federal investigation concludes the school covered up allegations that former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulted young boys on campus.
John Kasay kicked a 26-yard field goal in overtime to give the New Orleans Saints a 26-23 victory over Atlanta after Falcons coach Mike Smith decided to go for it on fourth down deep in his own territory Sunday.
Matt Kemp and the Los Angeles Dodgers are close to completing a long-term contract.
Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has been honored as the WTA's player of the year for 2011.
UEFA President Michel Platini criticized soccer clubs for still having debt and said Monday he remains firmly behind financial fair-play rules.
Jerry Sandusky said in an interview with NBC that he is innocent of the child sex abuse charges that have rocked Penn State and cost coach Joe Paterno his job, though the former defensive coordinator acknowledged he "horsed around" and touched kids.
Well, that about does it.
Joe Frazier was remembered as a great heavyweight champion and a city icon at a funeral attended my longtime rival Muhammad Ali.