- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
Move over, Reggie, Babe and all other October sluggers. Nobody has ever had a postseason power surge like Nelson Cruz just did in the AL championship series.
John Beck personified hope for the Washington Redskins at the beginning of the summer. He was an unknown quantity, an intriguing prospect on an overhauled roster.
Minnesota Vikings center John Sullivan and safety Jamarca Sanford have left Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears because of concussions.
When the Washington Capitals finished off the Ottawa Senators for a 2-1 victory Saturday night, they were alone atop the NHL in one respect.
Michael Vick knew he was in trouble. The snap flew over his head and he was scrambling back into the end zone. This was just Philadelphia's second drive, and Washington Redskins linebackers Brian Orakpo and Rocky McIntosh already were converging on him.
Go deep, Kellen.
Chris Cooley caught the ball on a short play in the first quarter in the open field. Unfortunately for him and the Redskins, it was his first and only catch of the day.
Matt Kenseth won his only Cup title in 2003 and NASCAR immediately changed the championship rules.
A quarterback and a coach could be out for a while after being injured Sunday.