- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Latest Sports Items
Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram is unlikely to play for No. 1 Alabama against No. 18 Penn State on Saturday.
When Armando Galarraga steps onto the mound to face Baltimore on Friday night, the Tigers pitcher will see a familiar face behind home plate in umpire Jim Joyce.
Trent Williams walked into the locker room holding a 4-inch binder with hundreds of pages detailing the Washington Redskins offensive game plan. He said it's about 10 times thicker than the game plans he had at Oklahoma.
Matt Leinart walked into the Houston Texans' locker room Wednesday with stubble on his face and a new playbook in his hand.
Smell the tailgate party _ it's college football season. But if you're flying in for a game, you might be headed for a headache. Cutbacks at major airlines have made flight choices more difficult this fall, especially to smaller college towns. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning your trip:
Tom Brady approached the mass of reporters waiting to talk to him and asked, "Who wants to talk football?"
The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Kirk Maltby to a one-year contract.
Tony Romo might be without two of his main blockers in the opener Sunday night at Washington.
Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram has not returned to practice for No. 1 Alabama and while Nick Saban said the injured running back is unlikely to play against No. 18 Penn State on Saturday, the coach isn't necessarily counting his star out.