- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Sports Items
Pittsburgh senior forward Nasir Robinson will undergo surgery to repair torn meniscus in his right knee Friday. He is expected to miss three weeks.
Sidney Crosby has traded in his white helmet. There's still no telling when the Pittsburgh Penguins star will be able to do the same with his practice jersey.
Midnight Madness no longer lives up to its name. Sure, some of college basketball's opening night celebrations are chances for crowds to go crazy indoors for the first time since Connecticut won the national championship in April.
Colts running back Joseph Addai says he's a "long shot" to play Sunday at Cincinnati because of a strained hamstring.
In an otherwise dreary 11 months at Ohio State filled with NCAA problems, a bit of salvation could be just around the corner.
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by Nielsen for the week of Oct. 3-9. Day and start time (EDT) are in parentheses:
No one expects much this season from the Maryland men's basketball team, which features two returning starters and six walk-on players in what figures to be a long season for new coach Mark Turgeon.
Forward Alyssia Brewer, who left Tennessee after three seasons, has signed a letter of intent to register at UCLA and has begun taking classes.
Rafael Nadal was ousted in the third round of the Shanghai Masters by Germany's Florian Mayer, 7-6 (5), 6-3.