- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Sports Items
In college towns all across America, intercollegiate athletics - especially college football - play an integral role in the college atmosphere and spirit of a university. Unfortunately, the sordid revelations of recent weeks in Happy Valley have exposed the most despicable part of big-time college athletics, especially among powerful college football programs (Penn State abuse scandal likely to spawn lawsuits," Web, Friday).
Terrell Stoglin scored 32 points to lead Maryland to a 78-71 victory over Colorado on Friday in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
It took Aaron Baddeley about 24 hours to turn wrong into right at the Presidents Cup. And in the same pressure-packed situation on the 18th hole at Royal Melbourne.
Kurt Budke turned Oklahoma State's women's basketball team into a winner and hoped he'd found the place where he'd coach until he retired. Miranda Serna had passed up opportunities to leave his side, staying loyal to the man whom she had helped to win a junior college national championship and then rebuild a big-time college program.
Oklahoma State University women's basketball coach Kurt Budke and assistant coach Miranda Serna were killed when the single-engine plane they were riding in during a recruiting trip crashed near a wildlife management area in central Arkansas.
Already at the forefront of research on the effects of repeated blows to the head, Chris Nowinski is trying to raise awareness at a grass-roots level and he hopes former players will lend a hand.
Joe Paterno was diagnosed with a treatable form of lung cancer the same weekend Penn State's football team played its first game without the Hall of Fame coach in nearly a half century.
Ron Hornaday Jr. will drive for Joe Denette Motorsports in the Truck Series next year.
North Carolina came 1 yard from turning Virginia Tech's dominance Thursday night into heartbreak.