- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
Latest Sports Items
Sophomore Logan Kilgore will start at quarterback for Middle Tennessee on Thursday night against Minnesota.
Livan Hernandez has agreed to a one-year contract extension for the 2011 season with the Washington Nationals, giving the team some stability in a rotation that will be without Stephen Strasburg.
Jets outside linebacker Calvin Pace will miss a few weeks with a broken right foot, meaning New York's top pass rusher could be sidelined for at least the first game of the regular season.
Southern California freshman safety Patrick Hall has been suspended indefinitely for failing to meet standards set out by coach Lane Kiffin.
June Jones watched four quarterbacks take simulated shotgun snaps while four receivers scattered across the SMU practice field. Moments later, four footballs went flying.
It hasn't been the peaceful, drama-free South Carolina camp Steve Spurrier hoped for.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell after the team's final preseason game to see if his suspension will be reduced from six games to four.
Oakland Raiders running back Michael Bush will undergo surgery on his broken left thumb Monday and could be back in time for the season opener.
Edoardo Molinari of Italy came up a big winner twice on Sunday _ first winning the Johnnie Walker Championship, then becoming one of three captain's picks for Europe's Ryder Cup team.