- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
Latest Sports Items
Tim Pernetti has resigned as Rutgers athletic director, two days after the basketball coach he hired was dismissed for abusive behavior during practices — actions that prompted nationwide outrage once a video went public.
Zou Shiming works the speed bag at the Wild Card Gym with the skill of a veteran pro fighter, popping it back and forth with dozens of precise punches. Watching from a near corner, Freddie Roach chuckles.
After slicing through downtown traffic in the type of motorcade a head of state might expect, Geno Auriemma stepped out of Connecticut's bus, bowed his head to receive a Mardi Gras-style beaded necklace with a Final Four medallion on it and entered the team hotel to the music of a live brass band.
The two unlikely sudden-death playoff opponents in the 2003 Masters Tournament walked onto the 10th tee of Augusta National Golf Club late Sunday afternoon to settle the issue with a 73rd hole.
Boston Red Sox president Larry Lucchino stood in an empty Fenway Park to discuss the improvement to the ballpark for the upcoming season. At the home opener on Monday, all those seats will be filled. On Wednesday, maybe not.
Jimmie Johnson has won the pole position for Sunday's NASCAR race at Martinsville Speedway with a track record.
JR Motorsports says Jeffrey Earnhardt will drive the team's No. 5 Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series race in Richmond later this month.
Jon Fogarty extended his Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series record to 25 poles in Friday's Porsche 250 qualifying at Barber Motorsports Park.