- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Sports Items
Alyssa Thomas scored 28 points and Maryland defeated Michigan State 74-49 Monday night in College Park to advance to the round of 16 in the NCAA women's tournament for a second straight year.
Andy Enfield hasn't passed up a whole lot of shots in his life, whether they've come on the basketball court, on the sideline as a coach or on Wall Street as a businessman. And he has enjoyed his fair share of success along the way, making millions of dollars as an entrepreneur, marrying a supermodel and most recently leading FGCU to the Sweet 16.
Robert Griffin III played it pretty safe with his NCAA tournament bracket - and still has a shot with his projected winner Miami alive in the tournament.
John Erskine hopes to play by the weekend. Tomas Kundratek could be close to returning. Soon the Washington Capitals could have just about a healthy blue line again, which could require some roster juggling.
Tiger Woods is back to No. 1 in the world with a game that look as good as ever.
One day after manager Davey Johnson worried that Henry Rodriguez was dealing with some inflammation in his right elbow, Rodriguez traveled with the Washington Nationals to Kissimmee and was scheduled to face the Houston Astros on Monday.
John Wall scored a career-high 47 points and added eight assists, Emeka Okafor had 21 points and nine rebounds, and the undermanned Washington Wizards beat the Memphis Grizzlies, 107-94 Monday night at Verizon Center.
Houston Astros manager Bo Porter refuses to call it rebuilding, but whatever it is, they're at the ground floor on it.
Before Mike Ribeiro played a single game for the Capitals, he knew he wanted to stay in Washington for the long term. He moved to the area with his wife and three children after getting traded here from the Dallas Stars last summer, spending the balance of the NHL lockout putting down roots.