- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Sports Items
Ohio State must answer several questions from the NCAA before three players suspended for accepting $200 in cash at a charity event are allowed to return to the team.
Brazil beat the Dominican Republic 83-76 on Saturday to claim a berth in next year's London Olympics.
Reserve running back John Howell rushed for touchdowns of 57 and 50 yards, Kriss Proctor threw two long touchdown passes and Navy sent Western Kentucky to its 16th straight home loss with a 40-14 victory Saturday night.
There were plenty of futile images from which John Lannan could choose to spend most of Saturday night reliving. A night that was supposed to be Lannan's first chance to become the fifth pitcher in Nationals history with a 10-win season devolved so quickly and in such an ugly fashion, the options of moments to forget were abundant.
The United States Military Academy paid tribute to the victims and heroes of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks during halftime of its game against San Diego State.
Boston infielder Kevin Youkilis will be out until at least Tuesday because of bursitis in his left hip.
For the first time since the season opener, Chase Field was packed. Some were there to cheer on the surprising first-place Arizona Diamondbacks of 2011.
New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has been shut down for at least three days because of a troublesome left thumb that has been hindering him for the past three weeks.
LSU starting linebacker Ryan Baker was benched for the home opener against Northwestern State because of a violation of team rules.