- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Sports Items
Wayne Simmonds of the Philadelphia Flyers escaped punishment by the NHL on Tuesday night because the league doesn't have conclusive evidence he directed a homophobic slur at the Rangers' Sean Avery.
The Pac-12 reprimanded Southern California quarterback Matt Barkley on Tuesday for referring to Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict as a dirty player.
It's hard not to be drawn in by the dazzling array of quarterbacks in the Big Ten this season.
Florida was essentially noncompetitive in its last two games against Alabama.
Maryland football coach Randy Edsall mentioned "the process" the Terrapins were going through after Saturday's 38-7 loss to Temple, indicating "it wasn't going to get changed overnight."
Even before they found out who or where they're playing, the Milwaukee Brewers decided to hand the ball to Yovani Gallardo for Game 1 of the NL Division Series.
It's a short work week - for everybody, not just the Washington Redskins. So let's get cracking, shall we? We have much ground to cover and a mere 800 words to do it in, give or take a dangling participle. Title today's effort: Things We Learned in the Redskins' 18-16 Loss at Dallas.
Michael Morse, the fourth man in Nationals history to hit 30 or more home runs in a season, was sitting inside the visitors’ clubhouse at Sun Life Stadium Tuesday afternoon when Livan Hernandez walked over and handed him a gift-wrapped bottle of Cristal.
The Bowl Championship Series' two-team per conference limit could be up for discussion as the BCS nears another round of television negotiations.