- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Sports Items
Illinois basketball coach Bruce Weber isn't quite predicting a Big Ten title, but he says his team could be "very, very good."
Middle Tennessee is suspending quarterback Dwight Dasher for accepting a $1,500 loan in violation of NCAA rules.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi says he has a number in mind, and it's not 1908.
FIBA's decision to suspend Antonis Fotsis and Sofoklis Schortsanitis for their part in last week's brawl in an exhibition game against Serbia was "something unbelievable," Greece coach Jonas Kazlauskas said Friday.
Oakland Athletics left-hander Brett Anderson was removed from Friday night's start against the Texas Rangers after two innings with a slightly hyperextended right knee.
Baseball player turned quarterback Dave Shinskie has been chosen as the starter for Boston College.
Indianapolis Colts defensive captain Gary Brackett left with a right hand injury late in the first quarter of Thursday night's game with the Green Bay Packers.
Rookie Mike Leake went on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a tired right shoulder, but the Cincinnati Reds expect him back before the end of the season.
The Washington Nationals say star rookie Stephen Strasburg has a "significant tear" in his elbow ligament and probably will have Tommy John surgery.