- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Sports Items
Midnight Madness no longer lives up to its name. Sure, some of college basketball's opening night celebrations are chances for crowds to go crazy indoors for the first time since Connecticut won the national championship in April.
Colts running back Joseph Addai says he's a "long shot" to play Sunday at Cincinnati because of a strained hamstring.
Power pitching often dominates in the postseason. Soft tosses by Randy Wolf got the Milwaukee Brewers back to even in the NL championship series.
Leonard Hankerson shuffled through the hallway outside the locker room at Redskins Park on Thursday morning with a backpack slung over his left shoulder. His presence was required in a meeting upstairs in six minutes, barely enough time to chat.
In an otherwise dreary 11 months at Ohio State filled with NCAA problems, a bit of salvation could be just around the corner.
Ken Hershman will be the new president of HBO Sports.
The Oakland Raiders acquired linebacker Aaron Curry from the Seattle Seahawks, though it's unclear if the former first-round pick will play this weekend.
Khem Birch isn't big on going with the flow.
Miikka Kiprusoff crossed paths with Mike Vernon in San Jose at the outset of his career. Then he moved on to Calgary where he took over his team record for wins.